I was recently interviewed on the Build Wealth Canada Show where we did a really deep dive on how I paid off my mortgage and became financially independent at 30.
We also decided to do a giveaway together where you can win one of the signed copies of my book.
You can download the full interview and enter the giveaway for free here:
Below are the questions that we covered during the show. Enjoy!
- To start things off, tell us your story and the steps you took that got you mortgage free at such a young age.
- Tell me about the moment when you realized that you need to write a book. What motivated you to write it in the first place?
- With the house prices being where they are, and the frenzy that we seem to be experiencing in the real estate market right now, do you think it still makes sense for millennials to buy a home? (as opposed to renting for a lot less and investing their excess cash flows). Are there exceptions?
- Are there some creative ways that you recommend Canadians (and millennials in particular) can get into the real estate market?
- Tell me about the internal dialogue that you had in your head, with yourself, when deciding whether you should pay off your mortgage quicker or invest.
- Now that you are debt free, are you also financially independent? Tell me your definition of financial independence.
- If yes, how do you structure your investments, cash flows, etc.?
- What are you doing with the cash flows that aren’t going towards your mortgage anymore?
-What are you investing in?
-Your strategy. Reasoning?
-How are you using registered accounts? Are you using non-registered too?
- Have you considered doing a home equity line of credit (HELOC) on your property and using the proceeds to invest?
- Are you thinking of buying more rental properties?
- What’s next for you?
- To finish things off, tell us more about your book and what we can expect to learn from reading it.
- Where can we follow you if we want to learn more?
Have a great week, I hope you share it with your friends and let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.